SMARTERPATH FOR OFFICE 365 – RELEASE 1.1 PROVIDES MORE PATH VARIETY
New types of content for more varied paths
With newly supported content types, you now have even more options for designing learning paths using existing knowledge and varied content.
Have you ever worked with Microsoft Sway? Until recently, neither had I. But the graphic possibilities with Sway are huge and offer a really exciting tool for integrating varied presentations into your paths.
The integration of Microsoft Forms is equally useful. In contrast to quizzes created in SmarterPath, which serve more to repeat and reinforce learned material, Microsoft Forms can be used for a variety of quiz and survey types. Furthermore it offers a great reporting and evaluation on the given answers.
We have also now connected SmarterPath with Yammer. This means that if your company uses Yammer for communication and collaboration, you can now direct path participants to a Yammer group on a particular topic or to an expert’s Yammer profile.
Five-star rating system
To help path creators gain feedback, we have built a little gamification element into SmarterPath: upon successful completion of a path, all participants are asked to rate the path from one to five stars. The average rating will be displayed in the catalogue listings, the results, and the path itself.
Visibility and enrollment options
The visibility and enrollment options have been optimized for this release.
If a path is public, it is visible in the catalogue and to all users with access to SmarterPath.
Enrollment options for the path can be defined by the Path Creator/Owner in the path settings. You can choose between the following options:
- Everyone is allowed to enroll in the path independently
Require approval for enrollment by Path Owners
- Every user must request enrollment in the path. The Path Creator/Owner then receives an e-mail with a link to either approve or reject the request. These enrollment requests can also be viewed via the SmarterPath home page. The prospective participants are informed via email whether their request has been accepted or rejected.
Require approval for enrollment by selected user
- Every user must request enrollment in the path. The selected user (e.g., manager or head of staff training) then receives an e-mail with a link to either approve or reject the request. These enrollment requests can also be viewed via the SmarterPath home page. The prospective participants are informed via email whether their request has been accepted or rejected
A look ahead
Our SmarterPath team is continuously improving existing functions and developing new ones. Here are some of the things they are currently working on:
- Copy path function
- New content type: free text field
- Further integration in Microsoft Teams
Autor: Linda Werner
Erschienen: 14. August 2018
Bildrechte: Pokeshot GmbH
Original Blogbeitrag: https://pokeshot.com/smarterpath-for-office-365-release-1-1-provides-more-path-variety/