Fintech Hackathon for Teams and Startups with Data-Driven Solutions
We’re excited to team up with BNP Paribas for their third International Hackathon! Taking place 9 to 11 June, this year’s hackathon is open to startups in all stages, who have bold ideas for data-driven solutions for understanding (potential) customer expectations. Why do we like being involved in this? Because it’s more than just a high-end, resource and expert-packed hackathon, and the banking group offers some serious chances for talented teams and startups who’re interested in teaming up with a big partner.
The low down:
Who is it for:
- Teams working with big data:
- Teams who are into data analytics, exploitation, prediction, and visualisation, and can use it for: advisory, client profiling, life planning, financial, planning, engagement, digital banking, or service
- Early-stage and idea-stage startups are welcome
- You don’t need to be in fintech (yet)
About the hackathon:
- Friday June 9th – Sunday June 11th @ betahaus | Berlin
- 36 Hours hacking time to create a Minimum Viable Product
- Intellectual property remains yours
- Up to 2 winners out of 10 hacking teams
- After-hackathon traject including:
- A 6-Month digital bootcamp with €7000,-
- A demo day in Paris with a chance to win €25.000,-
- … To further develop your product in collaboration with BNP
Throughout 36 hours of hacking, BNP Paribas will match their leading management, fintech experts and mentors with Berlin’s boldest tech startups. Startups get access to BNP Paribas’ API sandbox, with huge amounts of anonymized data to play with. There will be place for 10 teams at the hackathon in Berlin. Up to 2 winners will receive €7.000 to develop their idea in a six-month Digital Bootcamp. From there, selected competitors from all over the world will go on to the Demo Day in Paris, where they’ll have the chance to win an additional €25.000 to further develop their product in collaboration with BNP Paribas. In case you wonder, yes; all of your intellectual property remains solely with you.
Can you extract, collect, analyse or visualise data where other cant? Are you a whizz at using data for client profiling or service trends? Do you have a new idea for using transactional, geolocation or social media data for improving customer services? Perhaps you know how to make creative use of APIs to improve banking services? Whether you’re an established or early-stage startup, or you just want to have a go at a new fintech project in an exciting and competitive atmosphere, sign up to participate! You can apply here via F6S until June 1st latest. BNP will run pre-selection rounds, so the sooner you apply the better. The best application will hear back within a few days.
Author: Alice Nell
Published on April 5, 2017
Original Blogpost: https://www.betahaus.com/berlin/2017/04/fintech-hackathon-for-teams-and-startups-with-data-driven-solutions/